We love the Red Pump Project! The campaign’s purpose is to increase awareness and to facilitate a discussion about women diagnosed with HIV/AIDS in the United States. The Rock the Red Pump campaign asks women to wear red pumps on March 9th and 10th in observance of National Women & Girls’ HIV/AIDS Awareness Day.
We’ve found some rad reds that will look as gorgeous on your toes as the beauty of your big red heart. Check your Salemail for Shop It To Me’s red pump flash sale on March 8-10th. Have a picture of you wearing red pumps? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and you could be featured on our blog this week!
3.Kate Spade Kea Mary Jane Pump: $220.99, reg $315.00
4. Pour la Victoire red patent leather ‘Irene’ hidden platform pumps: $150, reg $250
5. Miu Miu red patent leather trimmed t-strap pumps: $380.99, reg $595
- Prada coral stitch leather t-strap platform sandals: $600, reg $750
7. Prada dark pink stitched leather platform slingbacks: $415.99, reg $650
You can also sign up and receive a badge for your blog to help support the project.
Here are 5 statistics The Red Pump Project cites from the CDC that are a must-know for women in the United States:
- Every 47 minutes, a woman tests positive for HIV in the United States.
2. The largest number of HIV/AIDS diagnoses during recent years was for women aged 15–39.
3. There are approximately 1.1 million people living with HIV/AIDS in the U.S. & almost 280,000 are women.
- New York has the highest number of women living with AIDS – 22,532.
5. HIV/AIDS is the 5th leading cause of death in women in the United States, ages 25-44.
Remember to Rock your Red Pump this Friday and Saturday and support the courage of women fighting HIV/AIDS!