New York Fashion Week is coming to a close, but have no fear…the excitement continues!
London Fashion Week kicks off on Friday 17th September so get ready for the Geldofs on the front row, reports from the best after-show parties and some great new designers showing for the first time. London is know for having the edgiest new designers as well as a great wealth of established fashion talent so we’re uber excited to see what trends come out of London for next Spring/Summer!
To celebrate the S/S 2011 fashion shows, here at Shop It To Me we have delved deep and researched the favourite designers of a sample of more than 10,000 women who reside in the United Kingdom. And since a woman’s shopping experience never ends with just one click of the mouse, what else they are most likely to peruse? For instance, if someone likes Vivienne Westwood or Stella McCartney, what other designers are they likely to be drawn to?
For instance, let’s take the great dame of British Fashion herself, Vivienne Westwood. For women who love Viv, who else do they lust after? In keeping with her signature style, followers of her label are loyal Brits also loving Alexander McQueen, Topshop and Stella McCartney.
Likewise, one of the most anticipated LFW shows will be *Acne *and their contemporary chic approach is reflected in the choice of brands their fans also choose Chloe, Miu Miu, Topshop, Marc Jacobs and All Saints.
This unique research from Shop It To Me will hopefully widen your interest in new designers or clothing brands – introducing some additional options to your wardrobe for the season ahead.
Check out the list below for little game of what we call Designer Connect Five – sure to keep you busy when you’re in between shows and also a little hint as to what new designers you might want to take a look at depending on who your current favourite is…
Click image to enlarge
How to read the chart above: Among U.K. women who selected each designer listed on the left hand side, the colored dots represent the other top 5 most popularly selected labels
Other food for thought & new designers to watch:
- Those eager for *Erdem *are also likely to have a penchant for Chloe, Miu Miu, Christian Louboutin, Marc Jacobs and DVF - New designer Michael van der Ham might be right up Erdem fans’ street with his patterns and textures
- The effortlessly British brand, Jaeger, prompts a more cosmopolitan following, with fans of the label also selecting Prada, Jimmy Choo, Karen Millen, French Connection and Ralph Lauren - Those who love a bit more of a classic look might want to keep an eye on Simone Rocha who describes her style as ‘modern and romantic’
- If you’re a fan of go-to glamour label Issa, it’s more than likely you also be coveting Chloe, DVF, Marc Jacobs and Christian Louboutin this season - Mary Katrantzou with her beautiful dresses should hit a nerve with Issa lovers
- Fans of the fabulously fashionable Miller sisters, behind cult label Twenty8Twelve, tend to mix High Street and designer pieces, looking to Topshop, French Connection, Marc Jacobs, Chloe and Miu Miu - If ‘sophistication with a dirty rugged edge’ sounds like your style try Heikki Salonen
- Matthew Williamson admirers maintain their approach to grown-up glamour by choosing complementary brands such as Marc Jacobs, Christian Louboutin, Jimmy Choo and Chloe - Felicity Brown makes ‘clothes that appeal to women with a sense of drama and romance’* (Sunday Times Style) perfect for those that also like Michael Williamson
UK members: get access to sales from these great designers year-round
Members of ShopItToMe.co.uk: We’ve curated a list of all of the LFW designers that are available to add to your profile. Members can access it here and add your favourite brands to your profile so you get sale updates year-round.