Heading out for a night on the town? Make sure you’re prepared! Natalie from The Frugalista is here to suggest a few items to toss in your clutch before leaving the house. Be sure to check out her blog on how to live the frugal and fabulous life!
These days, I like to think of myself as a reformed party girl, but I don’t think that’s exactly accurate. I still like to click my heels on South Beach for a night or two. Once a social butterfly, always a social butterfly. Here are a few of my tips to make your nightlife turn out right.
1) Pre-party, put on bronzer: Nothing says “I’m stepping out” like a good dusting of shimmery (not shiny) powder about the collar bone, upper cheek and shoulders. Don’t leave home without it – on your body!
2) Clear deodorant in the car: Sometimes we don’t put on deodorant until after we pull that slinky dress over our body, and then forget to apply it at all. Keep a stash of antiperspirant in your car glove compartment because musty is not sexy.
3) Before you slip on those stilettos, if you have a purse that’s bigger than a clutch, be sure to add fold able flip flops, such as Pocketflops. The night may be long and nothing looks worse than a woman in a pair of shoes that hurt.
4) Do not forget your lip gloss in your purse. Given today’s point-and-click lifestyle, chances are pictures of your night will end up on Facebook or Twitter. The least you can do is have your mouth glossed to pouty perfection.
5) Also, bring facial powder. Only thing that should be shiny is your hair. You are not Rudolph the Red Nosed-Reindeer. Don’t let your nose shine.
6) Tic Tacs: Now I’m vintage with the Tic Tacs, but any old minty breath mint will do. Rounds of drinks breed halitosis. Don’t be a victim!
7) Neck bling: Wear a medallion necklace or something else that’s eye catching. If the necklace hangs right over the chest, even better!