Travel season is underway! Squeezing a fabulous trip wardrobe into one suitcase can be difficult, but it is possible. Here are some tips from an expert, our Trendsetter Casey of the Girls Getaway Guide. Visit her site for more travel tips, merchandise, vacation packages and to win amazing trips like Girls Getaway to Ireland!
Top 5 Tips for Packing Light:
- *Be strategic: *Don’t pack anything unless it goes with at least two other pieces. That way you have versatile items on your trip. I also like to buy dresses that can be worn casually with flip flops/flats or that you can dress up with heels and accessories. Keep this in mind when you are shopping too for added versatility at home.
- Dark Jeans: *I have two pairs of dark jeans and one of them is with me during every trip. I pack the skinny jeans for trips that will include evening events and Girls Night Outs. I pack the straight leg jeans for dressier, more elegant occasions.*
- *Pop of color: *I usually pack a lot of dark clothes in order to reduce the number of shoes. However, I like to add a pop of color with a bright top, scarf or jacket.*Plus, the bright colors will look great in your photos.*
- *What to carry: *Wear bulkier items on the plane, so you have more space inside your suitcase. I try to wear my bulky shoes on the plane and carry a sweater, jacket or scarf with me as well. That way you save valuable suitcase space and reduce its weight.
- *Shoes: The bulkiest and heaviest of items, I can easily travel with all black shoes of each basic type: heels, flats, sneakers and (for Florida girls) flip flops. By keeping your wardrobe colors consistent, you can focus on types of shoes to ensure you have the perfect shoe for any occasion.*